Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Memorial Day in America - The day to remember those who have fallen in service to our country. The traditional beginning of the summer season.

Skype doesn’t work this morning even though Shaloy & I try repeatedly. I hear Ike talking about getting a shower this morning but the water was off 15 minutes later when I got to the bathroom.

Today is a preparation day for four days of radiography student lectures. I’d hoped to say good bye to the American students but I’ve got too many things to do and don’t make it there. One of those things is going to the post office to see if my package from Shaloy has arrived. It has not but we did a test run with the projector and it worked okay so I’ll cross my fingers for tomorrow. These lectures are not high stress because I have the material already done. The hard part is knowing how much to delete. I plan to use the audience response system clickers, which has the interest of the KHI instructors.

I also need to stock up on groceries as I’m getting low. I get my bags and head to Kimironko for shopping. At some point I decide that this is fun and start smiling more and laughing a bit whenever I think something is absurd or funny, which completely changes my attitude and seems to change the attitude of the folks I’m bartering with. I took my camera fully intending to add pictures of the market but having read so many warnings about pictures and Rwandans, I’m hesitant to get it out. I have two images of Rwandans smiling, even though they smile frequently and laugh quite a bit. But the moment a camera shows appears it’s serious business.

I’ve spent way too much time getting caught up on the blog from the weekend, So that’s it for today.

No comments: