Tuesday, May 13, 2008

CHK Day 4 - More baby steps forwards

My plan today is to talk with Venant (the chief radiographer) and let him know that since they have not had any radiographers working with me, that I plan to move to the other hospital.

I meet another radiologist Dr. L today and while being introduced by Dr. M to her, he asked if I will be here for the rest of the week. I say no, although I'm doing good work I'm not getting done what I have come to do. (train radiographers about sonography). I go to the sonography room and Dr. Landos is here again!! - He was supposed to be in maternite but is still here at least today.

The maintenance man Leona asks me to come look at a machine he has for repairs. It's a lovely machine but won't start up because it wants to load software from a 3.5 inch floppy drive and he doesn't have the software. It is an 8 year old Medison which appears that it would be a great upgrade for them. It has been down for over a year waiting for software. I'll try some of the people I know who deal in used equipment. When we're done working on the machine I give them half of a roll of duct tape... They are thrilled with the gift. Each time we've needed electrical tape they've re-used tape from somewhere else.

Venant asks to see me and says he has a schedule of which radiographers will work with me each day in the morning and then in the afternoon. I'll remain here @ CHK the rest of the week as scheduled. It means my day will start earlier though. I have to be there by 7:30 which means leaving the house by 6:45. I meet Abdul in the afteroons at this area just outside of CHK.

I'm getting a head cold and can feel it coming on in the back of my throat. We have had water every day. It rained most of last night which significantly slowed the satellite Internet connection.

Dr. Konn has her American Students coming for a ten day visit. It's a cultural exchange tour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're having some great adventures! I'm glad to hear you were able to get out and see the countryside and markets.

Thanks for taking the time to write!

Anonymous said...

Countryside looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Sorry your getting sick hope you feel better fast!