Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Voyage begins January 2, 2008


My Friend Eric Meaders forwarded an e-mail from the Radsci Listserv

To: Leif Penrose
Subject: Fwd: Re: [RadSci] Ultrasound in Rwanda

Looking to travel? Happy New Year!

E

"Hello Everyone,There is an opportunity for an experienced Ultrasound faculty member to travel with me to Rwanda, Africa. I am teaching radiography at the Kigali Health Institute in Kigali for the Spring semester. I am leaving next week. The Kigali Health Institute and the two Kigali Hospitals have opened an invitation to me to bring an Ultrasound faculty member along to teach radiographers how to perform ultrasound - abdominal/ vascular. I would say for a minimum of three weeks - 5 to 6 would be best. Travel could wait to early May if you need to wait until the semester in the U.S. is over.

The Institute is willing to pay for your airfare ($2400) plus provide you with a room in a guest house with other faculty for your stay and local transportation to and from the Institute/hospitals. You will need a passport and yellow fever immunization to enter Rwanda.
If anyone is interested please contact me immediately.

Thank you for your consideration. "

Terry M. Konn, Ph.D., R.T.
Brookdale Community College
Lincroft, N.J.
Fulbright ScholarRwanda, AfricaMedical Imaging

No comments: