Monday, March 31, 2008

Investigating

This sounds interesting but I'd better do some homework.

What is the Kigali Health Institute? Rwanda, , , , Isn't that the place where "Hotel Rwanda" happened?? Is this place stable?? Who is Terry Konn?? and what's a Fulbright Scholar?? Isn't that what Bill Clinton was doing when he didn't inhale in England?? And even if all of these seem okay is there a snowball's chance in Savannah that I could get out of all of my obligations (Work, Civic, Professional, Church)??

I was pretty sure that the biggest issues would be work.

"Leif,
I realize you will have only one class in the Spring as the seniors will complete you program at the end of the Winter quarter. If you will put together a tentative schedule for Spring I will review it with you and we can then go talk to Dr. Gregg. It sounds like an excellent opportunity for a goodwill mission and a way to put CVTC in front of an international audience. But we first need to be sure that our students are receiving what they need, and I know you feel the same way. Let’s look long and hard at this and see if we can come up with a workable plan."


Frank Pharr
Dean of Instruction
Health Technologies
Coosa Valley Technical College

"I have read Frank’s reply to you. I support his reply. If you can work out something that is, first of all, positive for your students and, second, can meet leave requirements for a state employee (see Terry or Liz), I am open to supporting you in making this experience possible."

Dottie Gregg
VP Instructional Services


So much for the biggest issues being work! I'd better check those other items!

No comments: