Wednesday, April 2, 2008

How you could help

If you'd like to join in this endeavor there are some ways you could help.

  • Rwanda is not using digital imaging or PACS. They still use processors and are in need of some sensitometers and densitometers.
  • I will be leaving my PowerPoint presentations with them for individualized study. (Remember the students can not afford personal books). If you have a PowerPoint on any sonography topic and it has the notes section completed for most of the slides you could send the file electronically and I'll then catalog yours with the others. I'll use while I'm there and leave it for their use when I'm gone.
  • If you have a sonography textbook or reference book that you'd be willing to part with, we'll send it (or you can send it directly).
  • If you'd like to help with cash, I'll use it to buy the sensitometers and densitometers.

I leave May 3. If you'd like to help and can get the items to me before the end of April and/or you'd like a receipt for tax purposes you can send them to:

Leif Penrose C/O Coosa Valley Technical College Foundation

One Maurice Culberson Dr.

Rome, Georgia 30161

Otherwise send to:

Terry Konn, PhD, RT

% John Ndahiriwe Kigali Health InstituteMedical Imaging Department

BP 3286Avenue de L'Armee

Kigali, Rwanda

No comments: